Oh my goodness.....my first collage!!!! It's nothing fancy but it's my first and I feel like a kid in a candy store. LOL
Here are a few kitchen and bathroom staples that have many hidden talents; at least to me.
- Open jars with ease....when a small lid won’t budge, wrap a rubber band around it several times to give you a better grip
- Decorate Easter eggs....arrange rubber bands in a pattern around hard-boiled eggs, then dip them into dye. Remove the bands when the eggs are dry
- Bring order to your dishwasher....tether stemware and other delicate, wobbly items to the rack
- Wrap a gift....use multiple colored rubber bands instead of ribbon to add modern flair to a small present.
- Label meat....are these burgers rare or well-done? They all look the same on the outside. Identify just-off-the-grill meats with different-colored toothpicks and they won’t get mixed up
- Find the end of the roll....when you’ve finished using tape, wrap the end around a toothpick so you can easily locate it the next time
- Glue beads and sequins....use the sharp ends to apply teensy items to a craft project
- Sew a better button....place a toothpick between the button and fabric so it doesn’t go on too tightly and end up tough to fasten
- Press a gadget’s reset button....what fits perfectly into that tiny hole? You guessed it.
- Clean up a cracked egg....cover the mess with a handful of salt, then wipe up with ease
- Dust a wreath....place a wreath of pinecones or faux evergreen in a paper bag with a 1/4 cup of salt. Fold the top of the bag over and gently shake
- Remove tea stains....sprinkle salt on a lemon peel, then rub it on a tea-stained cup
- Shine brass and copper....make a paste of a few tablespoons of white vinegar with equal parts salt and flour. Apply with a soft cloth, rinse, and dry
- Clean a keyboard....run the sticky side between the keys to collect crumbs and bits of lint
- Navigate the roads....write directions on a note and stick it to the center of your steering wheel for quick reference
- Mark containers....cut off the sticky zone and use it as an faux label for travel bottles so you don’t confuse your facial cleanser with your hair gel
- File away....divide a pile of paper into sections using Post-it Notes as you would folder tabs
- Play tic-tac-toe....use a sheet for each X and O. Peel them up and play again until they lose their stickiness.
- Secure slinky garments....stick a felt circle onto each arm of a hanger to keep clothes from sliding off
- Anchor a cutting board....place a circle under each corner of the board so it stays put while you slice and dice
- Prevent tabletop scratches....attach a circle to the bottom of a vase so it doesn’t scuff surfaces
- Keep your kitchen quiet....hush a banging cabinet door by sticking a circle on a corner on the inside of the door
- Protect the walls....position felt on each corner of a picture frame so the edges won’t mark the paintwork
|Clear Nail Polish|
- Keep an eyeglass screw in place....if your specs are a bit wobbly, tighten the screws and top them with a dollop of polish
- Secure buttons....apply a thin layer of polish to the center of a button to keep the thread from coming loose
- Avoid rust stains in the bathroom....coat the bottom of a shaving-cream can to fend off rings on the ledge of the tub
- Seal an envelope....when a flap won’t stay stuck, find closure with clear polish
- Extend the life of jewelry....paint a thin coat onto a costume bauble to prevent it from losing its luster
I'm honestly not sure you thinks up these wonderful tips and tricks and I often say to myself - Why didn't I think of that? or Who Knew? I find them in various magazines or on pinterest; and I love to share my finds with my wonderful followers.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!