Dinner time at my house can be somewhat of a challenge sometimes. My daughter and I ♥♥♥ pasta; my husband not so much. My hubby and daughter ♥♥♥ cheese; me I'm allergic. My daughter doesn't like spicy dishes; hubby and I do. Do you see where I'm going?
I love trying new recipes and if they are healthy, easy and good on the points for Weight Watchers for me all the better. J
I tried this recipe hoping it would be a hit since (believe it or not) we all LOVE shrimp of any kind.
Of course, my dishes NEVER look as good as in the magazine or on the internet! I can tell you though it is DELICIOUS!
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound large shrimp; peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well; set aside, and keep warm
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and crushed red pepper; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring occasionally
- Add cooked pasta, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and spinach; cook for 3 minutes or until spinach starts to wilt, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Linking to these fabulous parties.
Happy Thursday my friends!