I was looking through a Taste of Home Magazine for a quick and easy meal and came across this slow cooker recipe. It is simply delicious! J
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides.
- Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker. Top with onions, green pepper and mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, salt, oregano and basil; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Serve with cheese.
Thanks for stopping by.....